miércoles, 22 de abril de 2009

Iran









Please look at this pictures- What can you see? I see fear, I see horror, I see pain. The boys in the picture where only 17 years old. They where a couple, they where in love, they where probably experimenting with some of the beautiful things that life brings you: falling in love, holding hands, kissing.

But those things where taken away from them. I have looked for hours the pic in which they are being transported to the place where they will be murdered, they are crying while a journalist interview one of them. When I see that pic I want to cry to, I can feel the pain, I can feel the fear. Can you? - Imagine yourself in that position. That could have been me, the only difference between them and me is that I was born miles away from there.

Before they were killed this boys received 100 lashes each-- and a crowd was waiting for them to cheer while they where being hanged. Is that what islam is for?

This is Iran, but things like this are happening in more islamic countries like Iraq, Yemen or Saudi Arabia. To me that's human being at it worst. I'm not a religious person but if religions are used for helping each other, for sharing love, for becoming better people, they are more than welcome. But when I see this pics I also feel anger. I'm tired of fanatism, ignorance and cruelty. Because killing two 17 y.o. kids for loving each other is just cruelty at it worst. According to Amnesty International since the Ayatollahs took power in Iran in the 70's more than 100.000 gays and lesbians have been killed by the judicial brunch of the Iranian Government under the accusation of offending god. I'm so angry, I know this is not politically correct but I strongly believe that islam is the religion of hate. 

I'm not a big fan of President Ronald Reagan, but he once called the Soviet Union the "empire of evil" - boy he was right!
Well I would say that some muslim countries are the 21st century "empire of evil". Just think about it: places where woman have no rights, where everything is religion - based and where you can go to jail or being executed for being who you are. Think about it: New York 9/11, Madrid 3/11 and the Bali and London attacks where penetrated by islamic fundamentalists. Now Amhajinnejhad (don't know how to spell it, and don't want to!), the same Iranian president that encourages the murders of young gay boys is developing a nuclear program, do you really think is just for providing energy? Let's speak out loud- the Iran government is a threat to freedom, human rights and world peace. 

If I could speak to the boys that you can see in the pics I would tell them what Dustin Lance Black said in his Oscar acceptance speech: guys you are beautiful creatures. I wish I can hug you, I wish I can cry with you and with your families but most of all I wish I could have done something. I wish moderate religious people are right and you are in a better place now, a place where you can love each other in freedom. If that place exists and you guys are there I just want to send you all my love.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario